Friday, May 24, 2013

Boring!!

My hope is that this will be a very boring blog.

I hope you will rarely want to read it because it really doesn't have much interesting in it..... just some old guy going on about a bunch of routine medical procedures.

Still, I would like those who want to know the latest about my multiple myeloma to be able to find out.

Today, May 24, 2013 was my first official treatment..... these 10 little pills of dexamethesone, a standard steroid drug used to treat MM that  was prescribed by my Akron oncologist. He is anxious to get going with this because of the more rapid changes going on with my hemoglobin and other indicators. We will be consulting with the Cleveland Clinic doctor this coming week, and he will likely add in a chemotherapy drug  that will be given in Akron at the cancer clinic next Friday..

One of the discussions with the Cleveland Clinic doctor will be whether I am a candidate for a stem cell transplant. If so, somewhere down the road, after several cycles of the chemo-drug therapies, they would harvest my stem cells at the Cleveland Clinic, then irrradiate my bone marrow to kill off all the bad cells, and then reintroduce the stem cells to grow new.

Or, we could just stick with the drug programs. The doctor will guide us in deciding.

That's about it. I'm feeling tired, but so far I'm still enjoying sitting on the John Deere and mowing.

There is 1 other introductory post before this one which you can read if you like.

3 comments:

  1. Our prayers are with you and Martha. Thanks for sharing your health story. I will do my best to be a good listener

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to catch up with you last week! You are in our prayers, and thanks for keeping us all up to date...

    ReplyDelete