Wednesday, May 29, 2013

We have a plan





I don't need to be exempt from every  challenge along life's way, but when I'm up against those challenges, it feels mighty good to have a plan. 

The plan crafted at the Cleveland Clinic today includes another bone marrow biopsy (I've had two of these before-- not pleasant when they're hand boring thru your hip bone to get to the bone marrow, but there's a good reward for the little pain), a genetic testing of the marrow to see exactly what mutations this particular kind of myeloma cell has (this often helps tell how treatment will work), more detailed bone damage studies (the myeloma cells often damage the bones), and then a decision to be made about the treatment, based on all this additional information. This sets aside some of the previously scheduled treatment in Akron.

No magic bullets to make it all go away or keep it from taking it's toll, but a good, reasoned plan of action. 

I imagine I've preached quite a few sermons about not understanding everything but trusting that God has a plan. Looks like I'll have to hang on to that thought!

More, as the plan unfolds..... 

BTW, have I told you what a wonderful bunch of people I have for friends? 



1 comment:

  1. A perfect place to go to formulate a plan. Your pragmatic approach is truly admirable and it appears that it is God's plan for all of us. Carry on good friend.

    ReplyDelete